FIRE DAMAGE RESTORATION
What is Fire Damage Restoration? It is a multi-step process that minimizes the extenT of a fire loss and ultimately saves the Homeowner money through restoration vs. replacement. This is a brief overview of our Emergency Fire Damage Process:
- One Hour: Within one hour of notice of loss, through the Homeowner or an Insurance Agent, a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will contact you to arrange for service.
- Four Hours: Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services. The key to reducing damage and saving money is responding quickly to your damage.
*A fire damage consists of several kinds of damages. Materials suffer burning, charring, heat damage, smoke damage, and even water damage.
- Detailed Explanation: A trained, uniformed and equipped SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will walk you through the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome.
*Not all fires result in the same level of damage (Minor, Medium, and Major).
- Minor - Smoke residues affect only certain rooms or areas. The amount of smoke residues is light to moderate. Restoration may involve dry cleaning and/or wet cleaning of ceilings, walls, floors and contents. Few areas need to be repainted and only minor items require replacement.
- Medium - Smoke residue is moderate, and more materials require wet cleaning to remove residues. The number of areas requiring repainting and items requiring replacement increase. Floors may need to be refinished. Heat damage to drywall, cabinets, and contents requires more materials to be replaced. Contents might be cleaned at the jobsite. Smoke odors are noticeable, possibly requiring additional deodorization procedures after cleaning.
- Major - Structural framing and finishes may be charred, requiring structural repairs. Smoke residues are distributed through a large portion of the building, and strong smoke odors. Emergency services are needed, such as Board-up, establishing a source of electricity, winterizing the building in cold weather and removing smoke-filled and charred debris. Restoration will involve extensive cleaning of the structure and probably require restorers to pack and move out all salvageable contents for off-site cleaning. Multiple methods of deodorization are needed to remove smoke odors.
- Pretesting: A SERVPRO® Franchise Professional will begin pretesting for restorability, working from the source of the damage outward.
- Eight Hours: Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person, normally your adjuster or property manager.
- Cleaning, Restoration & Deodorization: SERVPRO® Franchise Professionals will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damage event has taken over. Depending on how severe the fire damage is will determine how long & how much work is required. However, we will use state-of-the-art restoration techniques to ensure your property is taken care of right the first time.
- Final Walk-Through: After the work has been completed, a final walk-through will be conducted with you to help ensure your satisfaction.
As you have read, sometimes a damage requires more than just cleaning soot or removing debris. Some damages require replacement of drywall, paint, flooring or even electrical and plumbing services. Here at SERVPRO® of Franklin, Vance and Granville Counties, we can provide many general contractor services to help return your home or business to preloss condition.
In some cases, Mitigation, Restoration or Replacement may not be the best option. If a home or buildings structural integrity is compromised beyond repair it may be considered a TOTAL LOSS & often becomes a much bigger project than one can handle. Most often than not, these homes become condemned. At this point it is important to secure openings to prevent children, wild animals or squatters from trespassing on the property. Also it is important to relocate salvageable contents for cleaning and storage. This is why SERVPRO® of Franklin, Vance and Granville Counties also provides Board-up Services and Move-Outs.
Contact us today for more information on our wide variety of services or stop by our Office. We would love to discuss our FREE Emergency Ready Profile and how it would benefit you during a disaster.