How to Prepare for a Storm
plaster ceiling coming off after storm damaged church roof
We were called out to a church that was damaged pretty bad when a storm came thru. It tore off part of the roof, leaving the ceiling in the main areas of the church affected. Plaster was falling, causing damage to the carpet and other areas. When you hear on the weather that these storms are coming, it can be a good idea to take a walk around your property and look for hazards that might occur if you are hit by one of these storms. You can cover your furniture, make sure that your windows and doors are secure, have roof tarping available if needed, and prepare for power outages by having flash lights available, bottled water, canned foods, first aid supplies and a batter operated radio on hand.
HOSPITAL IN CRISIS IN HENDERSON
Extraction of Water in progress at local Hospital following large water loss
SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville Counties were called out to our local Hospital after they suffered a very large water loss to help extract the water and begin the drying process. When we arrived we discovered that most all of the offices were involved as well as supply rooms and such. Fortunately, the damage didn't affect the central hub of the Hospital, so we were able to get the extraction done and get our equipment set up without interfering with their business. It doesn't matter how large or small the job is, SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville counties are here to assist you with your Water, Fire or general cleaning needs. Give us a call at 252-433-0005 or 919-339-4848 any time day or night.
WATER DAMAGE AT LOCAL 911 OFFICE
Local 911 Backup call center after extraction of water with our drying equipment at work.
We were recently called out to our Local 911 Backup office where they had suffered a water damage from a leaking HVAC line. Our technicians were on the scene quickly and began the extraction process. Once they removed the standing water, they began to assess the damage. The call center floor along with private office and storage warehouse were all affected. We set up our equipment and began the drying process. The director was so glad that we were able to get there quickly and get the drying process started right away and luckily, all the computers and equipment were unharmed. We are very happy that we are able to be a part of assisting our community and take pride in helping out those that are always here helping our community.
THE JOURNEY OF A FIRE
Kitchen fire that affected entire house.
We here at SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville Counties have had the opportunity to work with so many wonderful people in our community during some of their worst times in their lives. A fire can take such a long time to recover from. We are with them from the beginning until the end and work closely with our customers to make sure that we are successful in restoring their property and make them happy with the results. We spend many hours cleaning and reconstructing this residence and once everything was done, the end results were incredible. If you need help with Fire Restoration, give SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville Counties a call at 252-433-0005 or 919-339-4848 any time day or night.
WATER AND MOLD, THEY CAN GO HAND IN HAND
mold growth in bathroom drawers from a water damage that was not discovered for several weeks.
When you suffer a water damage, not only do you have to be concerned about the affect the water has on your floors, walls, ceilings, contents in general, but you also need to concern yourself about what can happen if the water damage goes undiscovered for a lengthy time. When dampness is present for an extended length of time, it is a breeding ground for mold. The longer the water damage is present, the better chance that you will have to deal with the mold as well. This can cause an extended drying time due to the fact that we have to remove the mold that is present before we can begin the drying efforts. If you discover a water damage, get help immediately to avoid having to deal with the mold as well.
DAMAGED CRAWLSPACE IN LOUISBURG, NC
Standing water in a crawlspace that went undetected for approximately 3 weeks.
Sometimes a water damage is very difficult to discover, especially if it doesn't affect the interior of your home or business. We recently assisted a home owner with a water damage that only affected their crawlspace. This pipe leak apparently had been going on for approximately 3 weeks and was only discovered when someone came to mow the yard and noticed a large amount of water in the back yard coming from under the house. Once it was checked, we discovered over 5 inches of standing water in the crawlspace. We extracted the water and then began the drying process. This is a great example of why it would be a great idea to periodically check the areas that are usually never thought about unless something does happen.
STORMS CAN CATCH YOU OFF GUARD
cracked wall at local business after strong thunderstorm and winds and rain hit.
We experience Storms of all kinds. Winter snow storms, Summer Thunderstorms, Fall Hurricanes, Spring Rains and Winds. We were called to a business after one of those horrible Summer storms that shook the foundation of this business. It cracked the walls, caused significant water damage and shut them down for several days. SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville Counties are proud to serve our community in any way that we can and being able to assist this business get back on their feet and their doors back open was very rewarding. Make sure that you stay informed when it comes to bad weather so you aren't caught unaware when storms come to town. Call SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville Counties at 252-433-0005 or 919-339-4848
Life Saving Holiday Tips
House Fire in Henderson, NC caused by unattended appliance.
With the Holiday Season quickly approaching, SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville Counties would like to provide you with some tips this holiday season:
First, Supervise all items on the stove top as 58% of kitchen fires involve ranges with electric ranges having a higher risk than homes with gas cook tops. Fires can spread quickly. make sure you have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen!
Never leave a candle unattended... 32 candle fires are reported daily in the month of December! That is 992 preventable fires!
Be Safe and Supervise! These people weren't so fortunate and this is what can happened. This was a candle left unattended in the bathroom.
SERVPRO of Franklin,Vance and Granville Counties - are here to help! Call us at 252-433-0005 or 919-339-4848
STORM DAMAGE IN OXFORD
Uprooted tree in Oxford, NC during a recent storm.
SERVPRO Franklin,Vance and Granville Counties was proud to service our community of Oxford, NC in cleaning up after the recent STORM. What a terrifying experience these storms can be and the cleanup afterwards can be very stressful for all of those involved. We here at SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville counties are very glad to be here and make a positive impact on the cleanup efforts after this storm. IF you have cleanup needs from the recent storms SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville Counties is here to help you in any way possible. We are only a phone call away. Call us at 252-433-0005 or 919-339-4848 any time day or night and we will be there to help you in any way we can.
High Humidity Levels can lead to Mold
High Humidity that started in the basement and carried upward to the main level.
Due to the amount of rain we have been recieving the last few weeks, we at SERVPRO of FRANKLIN, VANCE and GRANVILLE have had increased mold related calls. Mold loves to grow in humidity above 60%, so please monitor your home and DO NOT turn off the heat or air conditioning! Some of the areas that you will typically find mold will be in your crawlspace or attic, in an unventilated bathroom, in cabinets near the floor or in a closet that doesn't get a lot of air movement. Older homes also seem to have a lot of mold growth due to the fact that they generally don't have central heat and air. If you have high humidity, we are here to help! Call us at 252-433-0005 !